Cardio Tennis in the fitness industryJuly 9, 2013
What is the process?
- Complete the Tennis Australia Cardio Tennis Fitness Trainer course application form.
- Return the application form to [email protected].
- Tennis Australia reviews application and all applicants will be notified of their acceptance into the course.
- Payment of $399 is required to confirm applicant’s place in the course.
- Fitness trainer attends workshop.
- Tennis Australia informs fitness trainer of competency, including login details for an online platform so they can complete an online tutorial.
- Once the online tutorial is completed, a Cardio Tennis registration pack will be sent out to the fitness trainer.
What are the pre-requisites?
To gain acceptance into the Tennis Australia CTFT course applicants are required to meet the following entry criteria.
Candidates are required to:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Have completed a Certificate IV of Fitness as a minimum.
- Have between three to five years experience as a fitness trainer.
- Have a current Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia membership.
- Have a tennis background (either as a competition player or coach).
- Have a current First Aid certificate.
- Hold and maintain:
- Professional indemnity insurance for an amount of at least $5 million per claim; and
- Public liability insurance for an amount of at least $20 million per claim, and provide Tennis Australia with evidence of the currency of each policy.
- Comply with all screening requirements contained in the Tennis Australia Member Protection Policy, which requires all candidates to provide Tennis Australia with:
- A signed copy of the attached Tennis Australia Member Protection Declaration. *
- For applicants from New South Wales, Western Australia, Victoria, Queensland and Northern Territory: A valid Working with Children Check. *
- For applicants from Tasmania, South Australia, and Australian Capital Territory: A National Police Check (issued within the last two years) . *
* The above documents will need to be received by the Course Coordinator prior to the starting date of the course. For further information on how to gain your Working with Children Check, visit the Tennis Australia website.
For further information on how to gain your Working with Children check, visit the Tennis Australia coach screening page.
What is the price for a fitness trainer?
New Cardio Tennis fitness trainer – $399
Renewing Cardio Tennis fitness trainer – $129
Cardio Tennis Fitness Trainer membership
On acceptance into the Tennis Australia CTFT course you will receive a Cardio Tennis fitness trainer membership. Your membership, valued at over $600 (incl GST), will be valid until the end of the financial year during which the face-to-face component of your course is completed.
When you become a Cardio Tennis fitness trainer member you will receive the following benefits:
- A Suunto M2 heart rate monitor (RRP $129.99).
- Promotion of your Cardio Tennis venues on cardiotennis.com.au.
- Cardio Tennis activity videos and music new releases.
- Cardio Tennis educational resources and marketing collateral.
- Access to Bounce, Cardio Tennis’ online interactive learning platform.
- Free Cardio T-shirt for every registered participant. *
- A Cardio Tennis branded fence banner.
- A heart rate monitor chart and carry bag.
- Cardio Tennis branded agility ladders and drop down lines.
- ‘Get in the Zone’ guide and activity cards.
- Cardio Tennis merchandise, such as a T-Shirt and Cap.
What training is involved for a Fitness trainer?
A two-day workshop that covers the following units:
|Unit No||Unit Name||Hours|
|1||Introduction to Cardio Tennis||1|
|2||The Cardio Tennis Experience||1|
|3||Six components of Cardio Tennis||1.5|
|4||Setup and delivery of Cardio Tennis||1|
|5||The Art of Feeding (Part 1)||2|
|6||Planning a Cardio Tennis Workout||0.5|
|7||Adapting Cardio Tennis||1|
|8||Art of Feeding (Part 2)||1.5|
|9||Plan and Deliver a Cardio Tennis workout||2.5|
|10||Summary of Cardio Tennis||0.5|
Is there a contract available for a coach to contract a Fitness trainer?
Yes we do have a employment contract template for fitness trainers to work with or for a coach or club.
What are the recommended payments for a Fitness trainer?
All candidates are required to pay the workshop fee prior to commencing the workshop. If payment of this fee is an issue contact the Workshop Coordinator to discuss your circumstances.